As director of Legacy Productions, Mary has been heavily involved in creating shows and productions that feature artists including dancers, actors, singers and performers in all area of performance art.
A sampling of her past productions includes:
- Abbotsford Canada Day Parade, 2018 (and 2019 coming)
- Writer/Director of “Find My Way” 2017, “Coming Home “ 2018 and “Freedom” 2019 (going into production). These shows have directly supported – Starfish Pack Program, Salvation Army, Abbotsford Community Foundation and Big Brothers/Big Sisters.
- The theatrical presentation of “Moulin Rouge” featuring 75 performers in 2014 and “Flight” in 2015 at the Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards. “Come Alive” – Chamber’s new show – in production 2019.
- Director/creator of the Abbotsford Heat ‘Fever’ Performance Team (including recruitment, auditioning applicants)
- Director of the Ceremonies – BC Summer Games 2016
- Hospice Gala Shows – 2011, 2012, 2013. A fundraising event that also features artistic performers that Mary choreographs/directs to enhance that theme that each Gala requires.
- As the choreographer of “Business in Black” for thirteen years, Mary has helped local business leaders and community members have some fun while being active and celebrating local business. Mary also sits on the committee for Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce – Business Excellence Awards.
- Mary has choreographed a variety of musicals, including Grease, the Wizard of Oz, Peter Pan, Showboat, Hamlet Cha Cha Cha, Carousel and Oliver for Yale Secondary School. She has also choreographed Waiting for the Parade, The Good Game, Escape from Happiness and Dancing At Lughnasa for the Langley Players Drama Club.
- As the creator and driving force behind “Project G” (a community flash-mob concept aimed at giving back to the community), Mary has used her choreography abilities to raise awareness of—and money for—local charities and organizations while promoting community involvement. Among the organizations championed by Project G are Communitas Supportive Care, The Fraser Valley Women’s Resource Society, Love Our Bodies/Love Ourselves, Restorative Justice and the Abbotsford Food Bank. All money raised from these flash mobs has been directly donated back to these charities.
Mary is a firm believer in community coupled with charity and has worked with the Canadian Cancer Society – Abbotsford Relay for Life, In Motion Abbotsford, Abbotsford Police Run, SPCA Paws for a Cause, Salvation Army – Santa Shuffle and Abbotsford Family Fun Day.
Mary was the recipient of the (2) Abbotsford Arts Council – Arty Awards for dance and theatre and received the Dave Holmberg, Community Builder of the Year award in 2017.
Mary is thrilled to be a part of the Legacy faculty and wants every dancer and performer to feel special and valued during their time with us!